This card uses the basic design principle of repetition. I find that repetition is a great way to get more use out of my smaller images. The circle theme is repeated throughout, and of course was inspired by the dots on the teacup. Let's see how many times circles were repeated:
- The teacups have polka dots
- The three images were punched with a 1 inch circle punch
- The images were then layered on 1 1/.4 inch black circles
- The background paper has polka dots
- The rose-red strip has punched circles (3/4, 1/2 and 1/4 inches) layered in tone-on-tone fashion. Tip: this is a very cheap and quick way to add subtle dimension to your cards.
- I used red 'rain dots' scattered across the front and on the 'j' in the greeting. These add a glistening look in real life.
I think its a fun, cheerful card that is sure to brighten someone's day! Try using repetition on one of your card creations soon!